Koesnaatjie Cottage 1’s accommodation consists of
Our boutique Koesnaatjie Cottages are of the grid with no Eskom but fully operational on gas, oil lamps and candle light!
- An Open plan Sitting-, Dining- & Kitchenette area with a open braai/fire place and a working Dover coal stove for bread baking.
- The kitchenette is fully equipped with a 2 x plate gas stove and bar fridge with a freezer compartment. All our houses have coffee making facilities.
- Bedrooms: there is one bedroom with a double bed with a gas heater. We provide warm bedding and towels. The double bed has an 11 tog down duvet inner for snowy nights.
- Pull out Sleeper sofa: the is a double pull out sleeper sofa in the open plan sitting room. Two smaller kids can be accommodated here. Please bring your own warm bedding.
- Ablutions: 1 x ensuite shower (gas heater) with a basin and a WC.
- Braai Facility: mobile outdoor braai facility is available near the stoep.
Essentials to bring:
- Own candles , we supply 6 x Light House Candles but there are a few oil lanterns and a gas lamp.
- Own plunger coffee, we supply Jacobs Kronung coffee with a small long life full cream milk and sugar. We supply the coffee plungers.
- Own special teas – we supply Ceylon tea and Rooibos tea.
- Own torch
- Own hot water bottle
- Own fire lighters – we supply 1 x small pack with matches
- Own bath soap and shampoo. We supply liquid hand wash soap.
- Enough warm clothes!
- No need to bring your own fire wood as we sell local fire wood at the farm.
Note: Kids on pull out sleeper sofas: bring own warm bedding, warm water bottle and pillow with pillow case – we supply a flat sheet, 1 x blanket and 1 x towel.